Landlords / Real Estate Agents
Annual Servicing for Interconnecting Smoke Alarms
We offer regular service for all your interconnecting photoelectric smoke alarms
$99 Annual Fee (Unlimited Service and visits)
When you choose our Annual Service, we include the following:
- We will attend to the property every 12 months or at each rental renewal request.
- Clean & test all the smoke alarms & controllers.
- Verify all smoke alarms have not been tampered with.
- Check and verify that all smoke alarms are compliant with the new QLD compliance standards. AS3786:2014
- Replace any 9V batteries if required.
- Replace any faulty Red Smoke Alarms. There will be an extra cost to replace damaged alarms or other brands.
- If the property is not compliant with the current standards a quote will be given to upgrade the smoke alarms to the new QLD standard AS3786:2014
- We will provide a compliance report following this inspection as proof of our visit.
- Newly built or significantly renovated properties from Jan 2017
- All alarms must be replaced after 10 years or no manufacture date from 2017
- Existing hardwired alarms must be replaced with hardwired alarms from 2017
- ALL alarms must be photoelectric from 2017
2022 Rental Properties
- All rental properties or if you wish to selling your property from Jan 2022
- All alarms must be Photoelectric and Interconnecting from 2022.
2027 Owner Occupiers
- All domestic existing dwellings for owners/occupiers from Jan 2027
- All alarms must be Photoelectric and Interconnecting from 2027
Smoke alarms must be installed on each story
- In each bedroom; and
- In hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- If there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- If there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarms must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.